Hilary top made with my own fabric!
I re-coloured the design to an 11-colour pattern. The blue was drawn from the photographs I took of the blue lady orchids and the rest of the colours are picked from the same collection of photos. I think they look great with the very mellow and light yellow base colour in the background.
I imagined this print would look so beautiful as a flowy garment so I had it printed on a poly crepe from Next State. My preference is always to sew with natural fibre these days but I have limited options. I also printed the brick red version on the same base. Both turned out lovely! I’m very happy with them. I prepared myself for a battle with the poly crepe, but surprising, this fabric is so easy to work with! I’m really pleased with a painless sew with slippery fabric like this.
I had my heart set on another Tessuti Hilary Top before I sent it to print! This time, I made a size XXS but lengthened the bodice by 2cm, and the waist and wrist elastics by 2cm for comfort. I used the recommended elastic lengths for both the waist and the wrists for my first Hilary Top, and they’re a bit tight. A slightly longer bodice made it a little more blousy, which shows off the drape of this fabric. I just adore the shape of this top.
I’m wearing it with my Closet Core Ginger Jeans. With the weather cooling down here in Perth, I will get to wear it more often. It’ll look great on its own or pair with a light duster or trench coat for autumn. It’s just delightful to be wearing a garment made from fabric designed by myself, made by and for myself!